Thursday 27 June 2013

Social Media optimization and seven months


 

HI fellas, most of you would be wondering what this seven months is all about in the title; so in short, it was my first experience with social media in early 2010 and since then I am trying to define its beauty, I don’t know why I am so obsessed with it,
So here is what I discovered about it I am not very sure it will help others or not, but would love to share.
After the end of terms, I got a chance to work for a company, they were into this social media marketing thing, and I was wondering why the hell someone will pay me for chatting, dropping few words or connecting with people. Now I will tell you the whole story as it would as I don’t want you to get bored and leave me alone.
So coming straight to the point

What was our work there?

  • To create profiles on social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and many others.
  • To increase the group by adding as many friends and professionals possible
  • To post a pre written content related to our products to the walls
  • To join related groups and post pre written content with a link for our page the one we were promoting
  • To send hundreds of messages to people to whom we are connected on all our profile

What I discovered:
After working for a few weeks of work, I found that this strategy helped in creating few back links for us, but it was not serving the purpose as we were not creating a Brand Image for the product, but we are in lining it with the one who have a spam image.

The changes I made

  • Instead of creating a bunch of profile I suggested, to create a single profile product specific. So that proper band Image can be created and maintained.

  • I suggested increasing the group, but friends and professional those were to be added must be in some way or the other related to the product, say if the product is a 1200 CC Bike, then we should define a segment like what Age people must be targeted, from

  • Sometimes we target for the region the business is into, but as with the growing world of web people can shop from any place they want so for this we can go for the whole world. We also use to define what economy we should target and many other factors, as targeting N number of people is a waste of time and resource.

  • I also suggest not using a pre written content with link in them pointing towards our product site as it looks like a spam link, Instead I suggested engaging with people and dropping messages on related groups asking them if they are looking for any such help with a message without any links pointing towards the product site. I also suggested keeping the message short and simple so that readers don’t lose interest in it.

  • The last, but not the least was the mails and messages that we use to send in bulk, as I don’t like to see spam mails in my email as it is very irritating, for that, I replaced it with posting information on our own wall as people who are connected to you can see daily updates from you, so if they find something interesting they will themselves contact you.

This is what all I experienced within those seven months.

Thanks for reading


Referred By : Headway Web Solution

No comments:

Post a Comment